by Kirsten Kunkle
Even singers need a break sometimes! One of my favorite summer cocktails is an old family recipe for frozen margaritas. They take awhile to freeze, so plan ahead, but they are a true crowd pleaser. These would be great for a cast party or any summer gathering. To make them even more special, put them in opera glasses instead of traditional margarita glasses!
- 750 mL tequila
- 750 mL triple sec
- 1500 mL water
- 2 12 oz. cans of frozen limeade - thawed
- Mix all ingredients in a blender
- Pour into two-gallon milk jugs
- If they do not freeze, put more water into each jug and re-freeze until the margaritas reach a perfect consistency.
- Rim glasses with lime juice and salt, to taste
- Pour frozen margaritas in glasses and enjoy!